Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting the Average Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zylicyde

Technical User
Mar 4, 2011
US
An Average Cost on one of our items is causing one of our Access Databases to error out. I've tried entering adjustments to try to reset it, but it's still erroring out.

Any ideas on how to reset the Average Cost? The # for the average cost is 879,977,427,676,107.00, and we've never had an order for more than $59.00 per unit...

I'm using MAS90 4.4, by the way.

- Zy
(Sage MAS90 4.4 User)

Never mind, I wound up going through Data File and Display Maintenance to change it to the values it should be.

Anyone else know where these values are besides

CI_Item &
IM_Item_Warehouse ?

I'm starting to look now.

- Zy
(Sage MAS90 4.4 User)

This is why I don't like average cost. It my guess that at some point the item went negative and then positive and they system tried to guess at what it should be. Just before month end adjust out all the quantity for this item and then do month end and then bring it back in at the correct cost.

Zy, you may be getting hit with a product issue that we are currently working on.

Check the CostCalcQtyCommitted and CostCalcCostCommitted in the IM_ItemWarehouse to see if there is data in any of those fields.

There should only be data in those fields if someone is actively previewing or printing a transaction report or if there is an update occurring. If data is "stuck" in those fields it can cause issues with reporting in and outside of MAS.

If you have data in those fields call support and create a case or create one online. It will be no charge because it is a product issue.

Mention that the MAS 90 / 200 CSAM requested you create a no charge case and that i should be notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back