Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting Sequence Generators on deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkabre74

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
IN
Hi Everybody,
When moving stuff from development to Production or test how can I reset the sequence generator transformations. Do I have to individually open each of them and then change the current value or use the cycle option and set the max value to the current value. Is there a easier way to reset all of them in one shot.

Thanks in advance.

Manisha

Hi,
If the sequence generators are from different mappings, you have to open each of them and modify individually.
If you have more than one sequence generator in one mapping ,you can edit transformation and modify all the sequence generators selecting them from the drop down list.
Regards,
Ani.

I'm not entirely sure about v6 onwards but with pre version 6, when you copy a folder from 1 repository (dev, say) to another (prod) within Repository Manager you can specify to use Advanced Options when prompted.

After a few selections of dependencies and folders etc, it asks you if you want to 'retain sequence generator values'. If you leave this unchecked it should begin at the original start value again in prod.

Hi,
With reference to Casemore's posting. The check box retain sequence generator values appears only if you choose replace while copying a folder from one repository to another and what it does is if the destination repository has the sequence generator already it won't overwrite its present value with the value from the source repository. SO thing is obviously not going to work.

Regards
Manisha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back