Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting running sum at specified group footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

trito

MIS
Jan 31, 2003
US
Hi,

I'm trying to make a report lists individual flights in "Detail" and sub totals only "outgoing" flights by month at the footer of every "program" group. The method I'm using to do this is to set a hidden text box for each month that does a running sum (over all)everytime the flights is outbound and the time is within a that month. An example for January is

=IIf([Direction] = &quot;Outbound&quot; And [Date] >= #1/01/03&quot; And [Date] <= #1/31/03#)

In the footer I have another text box that refers to the hidden text box. This works fine for the first &quot;program&quot; but since the running sum is on (over all), the next program's data and messed up. My question is how to reset the running sum after the &quot;program&quot; group? Also if anyone has a better idea of how to do this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!

Tri

Here a brief idea of how the report looks

[DETAIL]
Date Direction Gateway Destination Load
---------------------------------------
3/20 Outbound DEN LAX 200
3/20 Outbound DEN SFO 150

3/21 Inbound LAX DEN 130
3/21 Inbound SFO DEN 180

etc....

[FOOTER]

Over All Load (Outbound)
Jan: 1,500
Feb: 2,040
Mar: 4,000

Total: 7,540

Here is my grouping structure

[Program]
[Date]
[Direction]

Try setting the Running Sum property to Over Group instead. The value will automatically reset at each new group.....

CosmoKramer,

I tried doing that but since the running sum is within the &quot;Direction&quot; group, doing a Over Group will reset the values before it is reference at the footer of the &quot;Program&quot; group. What I need to do is reset the running sum after the &quot;Program&quot; group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back