Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting Galaxy Mini 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPace_ADM

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2021
US
Hello Everyone,

I've got a Galaxy Mini that was configured and tested. We have the general setup as outlined here Link

Now I can no longer connect to my device with any of the customer IP addresses that were configured or the default IPs. The indicator lights all show green. I've tested the network connections and they check out as well. I noticed that there was a little red reset button on the front. Although the documentation on the emetrotel site tells me:

The Reset Button is not used by the Galaxy Mini.

If the Reset Button is depressed the system will be shutdown and you will be required to unplug the power from the unit and plug it back in again to restart the system.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do to restore everything back to factory defaults?

Thanks in advance!

The "reset" button really is not a reset button. Also, there is no button (or a procedure) how to reset the device to factory defaults. What you will need to do is to figure out what the IP address is. In general, you have two options - either to use a software scanner tool (such as nmap) or to connect a monitor to the Galaxy Mini.

It's probably simpler to remove the 6 screws and use an HDMI cable to connect a monitor. The display should show a login screen with the configured IP address (or addresses) of active network adapters listed above the prompt. You may need to connect a keyboard and press Enter to see it. You could login using the admin account and run the command "ifconfig" to see network configuration of all NICs (not just the active ones).

Thank you so much! I removed the screws as you said and was able to see the configured ips. Once I rebooted the server, everything seemed to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back