Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting CallPilot 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrParamedicJeff

Technical User
Apr 11, 2006
CA
The other day I was using CallPilot Manager and added a mailbox to my system. That was fine.

Then when trying to figure out why my CallPilot 100 is not available through my router, I decided to take a look at the IP address and the Primary DNS. I changed the Primary DNS to the address of our Windows 2003 Server. When trying to accept the changes, it said that I had to change the HostName to a proper name or address. At this point, I changed the original IP address (192.168.110.10) to CallPilot100 and the unit accepted it. It told me to turn the power off and turn it back on. After doing this, the unit flashes up as if it is initializing but then the lights go out and it just blinks every few seconds.

I have tried to get into the unit through the phone using Feature 983, and I have tried to connect through CallPilot Manager and nothing is working. When I try Feature 983, my phone says "Inactive Feature".

I need to know if there is any way to reset the unit to factory default and start over again.

PLEASE HELP ME!

You can try reseating the software cartridge. Also wait at least 4 minutes for it to initialize

You just want to reseat the cartridge. when you open the door just below the serial port you'll see the cartridge in the pcmcia slot. Power down, pop the cartridge and reseat, power up, wait the 4 minutes and than try f983 again.

Thanks Dougo... I actually already tried that, and I have tried everything that I can think of to make it work.

Any other ideas?

The only other thing I can think of is rebooting the Norstar. They don't seem to know each other is there. There's the reinstall for callpilot but you need to get to f983 first. And that will also wipe your greetings and mailbox's.

Before reinitializing your CP, try pressing F9*1 on a digital extension after letting the VM boot up for about 10 minutes. Press next through all the selections, and then see if you can log in through F983 as usual.

did anyone ever fix this problem? after changing the ip address of my system I got the same problem, no boot up what-so-ever

I was able to use a serial port connection to log into the system and reset some variables to there original settings and the system came back online with no loss of data.

if you have the system programming booklet it tells you how to connect via serial port.

if not,

you need to telnet in (i used hyper terminal on COM2)
set the connection to

9600 bits per second
8 data bits
no parity
1 stop bit
no flow control

when you connect it will prompt you if you want to modify things.

again, I was able to modify some basic information that i know I changed, back to it's original settings and the callpilot booted up.

hope this helps someone someday
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back