Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RESETTING A RUNNING TOTAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissarmi

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
I have some running totals in my report that need to be printed in the Page Footer section (Page Totals). I can't find a way to reset these totals after they print. Can you help.
Thanks.

So you're doing Page totals, not group or reportwide?

Supply an example of the data and the desired result.

If you're trying to reset totals at the page footer, I think that you'll have to use a formula in the report footer and use reset->use a formula and base the reset on that formula

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Thanks for the response. I am printing several fields of each record on the detail line. When the report reaches the end of each page, I need totals printed in the footer for each field in order to get a Page Total for every page (which I could then total up and match the Report Total).
Could you give me an example of a formula to use to reset these page totals after each page prints.

Create a Formel in the ReportHeader

WhilePrintingRecords;
numberVar Check1 := 0;
numberVar Check2 := 0

and in the Page Footer section create a other Formela

WhilePrintingRecords;
numberVar Check1;
numberVar Check2;

if Check1 = Check2 then Check1 := Check1 +1;
Check2 := Check1;

you can also check the pagenumber.Now you can reset the running totals if this Filed change.

I hope this help.

Page totals that reset have to be done with variables.
Use the 3-Formula technique described in faq149-182.
Put the reset formula in the page header. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back