Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting 3Com Netbuilder 227 Defaults 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2001
US
Is there any way to reset the defaults for a 3Com SuperStack II Netbuilder 227? The last administrator to have the privileged mode password didn't document it anywhere and there is no way to contact him.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Hello All

I cannot find the boot.68k file on the 3com site is there a trick I am missing?

No, does not work to upgrade the switch with new firmware. Before you can upgrade new firmware version, you have to login ...

So it would be nice if there is a way to breach that to upgrade ...

Greets

Phil.

erm, yes you can, through the console port

you use the 3Com Software Update tool, select the firmware/OS image and how you wish to update the unit...

as I said above, I have performed this on many switches before, including SS2 3300, 1100, 1000, 3000 and some other SS2 hubs

okay, i did the search across the 3com-website, but didn´t find the the 3Com Software Update Program ...

Could you leave me the web- or ftp-adress ?!

thx in advance

phil.

Hi,

To default the ssii 9300 try:

admin
lanplex

then follow what it says on your terminal

Thanks to every one, I successfully reloaded and configured our Office Connect Netbuilder 114(3C8814).
For those looking for the
Enterprise OS Software Upgrade Management Utilities

And for those looking for boot.68k images
ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/swup/

Does anybody have a boot.68k image of the OS version 11.3? I found the 11.1 version on this FTP, but I previously had 11.3 on our router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back