Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reseting the page number

Status
Not open for further replies.

byteias

Programmer
Apr 17, 2007
US
CR XI and Oracle 9i.
My report has one group and details.
gh1 suppressed
details
gf1 used for summary
In my GF1 I clicked Reset page number after and New page after with not onlastrecord.
Every page shows Page 1 even if I have more than 1 page for the group.
Is anything else need to be done?
Thanks,
Ivan.

I can't recreate your problem. Maybe check to make sure that you have the reset page number after set on the GF and not on the detail section.

-LB

Believe me, is not in the detail section.
I did check everything before I posted my problem.
Thanks.

Maybe start over then. There is something amiss somewhere--maybe a corrupt file or maybe there is something you did not tell us. Do you have any other special section formatting?

-LB

my report has:
RH and RF - not used
PH - headings
PF - suppressed
GH1 - suppressed
Detail
GF1 - Summary and Reset page number after and New Page after Printing and Keep together.
Why should I keep secrets about my report?

Thanks.

I wasn't suggesting you were keeping secrets--I just meant there must be something relevant that we don't yet know about. You are not using a subreport, correct? What happens if you add Page N of M to your page footer? Do you see Page 1 of 1 on every page?

-LB

The Page 1 of 1 repeats in every page....
it looks like is a CR problem.
Thanks,
Ivan.

I set up a report like yours with no problem, so again, I think just as a test, try setting up a new report.

-LB

Yes, it works with a new report. The page number changes with a new group.
Thanks, for your ideas and now I will have to repeat my tedious job in my new report.
Ivan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back