Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset VM Pro Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonOps

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
Ok so I upgraded the VM Pro system to the latest version, however I forgot the Password that is used to communicate between the IP Office and the VM Pro server.

Now you would think, no big deal, just go into security manager and reset the passwords so they are both in sync. WRONG! in IP Office 3.2 (53) when you try to change the password for VM Pro, it wants the old password before it will let you set a new one.

So the $10,000 question is, how do you reset the password and not just "Change" it?

Thanks for any help, our VM has been down since we did the upgrade this morning...

this is in the documents
this will reset your security settings
so you might have a problem after this
use this as last resort

Resetting Security parameters
In the event that default security settings are required, the following steps allow the
resetting of service user names and passwords without changing the rest of the IP
Office configuration:
1. Connect a terminal to the IP Office DTE port while the switch is running.
2. Enter the command ‘AT-SECURITYRESETALL’.
3. Enter the IP Office unit’s MAC address as confirmation (this is echoed in the
display after step 2).

I tried that but might have something set incorrectly for the DTE port.

Using:
straight thru cable
9600 N 8 1

All i get when I type in the commands is giberish posted back to Hyper Terminal...

Try this

DTE Port
Configure this for operation
via a PC serial port, as follows:
Bits per second 38,400 Stop Bits 1
Data bits 8 Flow Control None
Parity None Settings | Emulation TTY

Great that worked, it did reset all the passwords to the defaults. So had to go and set them back to what they should be.

It kind of doesn't make sense that they require the current password to set a new one. If I know the old one probably wouldn't need to set a new one. So if you forget the old one or don't write it down you are out of luck without reseting all of them...

Anyhow thanks for the input we are back up and running!

Well, it kinda makes sense since if you set the password you should make sure to remember it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back