Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reset session - terminal non-responsive but working

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-wes

MIS
Sep 13, 2021
US
Hey all,
I'm working with a meridian 1 opt 11 and i'm very new to the system with my only experience being 12 years ago with a nortel norstar.
currently the terminal is hung and I can't type anything. i can get into the system setup, but selecting the option to reset the session is not working. hopefully someone can give me an idea as to where to go from here.
i should say that i've rebooted and reconnected everything and it still wont let input anything.

thanks everyone!

Please explain more on your problem. Are you using a TTY port?. Do you see anything on the screen?. What is the software level?. Can you provide a photo?.
The older processors had an "INI" button that did a warmstart.
What baud rate are you using and are you using a null modem adapter?.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

firebird, thanks for the response. I unfortunately dont know the answers to the questions. i found someone here locally that can provide support on a "block of hours" kind of thing. i think i'm going to go with that. i sadly dont know how to pull that information out of the system. again, i appreciate the assist.

I'll head out to the other facility and get that for you.

cabinet_cxyxgq.png
sessions_qlhpjd.png
hung_fefrzg.png

both sessions are hung and there is no response from using the keyboard. however i can get into the setup menus.

What I would do is to trace the TTY 0 cable to confirm that it goes to the terminal that you are using without any disconnections in the cable.
The dip switch settings on the SSC processor shows that baud rate 9600 has been selected as shown in your terminal pictures. I would press the Man Ini button to reset the TTY ports.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thank you, I'll get back out there today and give it a shot. I'll let you know how it turns out.

i went out and threw it past the department, the decision was made to bring someone in from a local place that has the same system. thank you for your effort. i truly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back