Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset personal programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

8x24Admin

Technical User
Jun 8, 2016
US
I'm still here, for now anyways. LOL
Anyways, I was thinking I had read you can erase personal programming by disconnecting the fancy phone (7310 or 7324) and connecting a basic phone without softkeys (ex. 7208) in its place. I tried that and for some reason it restored personal programming from a previous time or from a different phone? I don't get it. Can somebody clue me in?

Meridian Northern Telecom M8X24-DS
Norstar Flash Nortel NTAB2455 Flash 2 Ch. H/W
card installed: Nortel Flash NT5B7

P.S. According to the phone system display it is a DR5 but the cartridge says DR5.1? Which is it?!?

What do you mean erase personal programming?
What is it you are trying to achieve?
Normally you would just "program" the phone which takes a minute.

7208 trick is to reset the phone if an issue.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Set relocation is off (Set relocation: N). Sorry, forgot to mention that.

@CurlyCord: What I mean is to reset all programmable buttons and personal speed dial to "blank", thereby erasing all personal programming that the user did on their set...

Ok there is no way to make all the keys blank unless there is a set/port on the system that is like that and you do a set copy (system & user).

What is the purpose of trying to do this? a very odd request...maybe another solution to your madness is available : )

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

LOL OK, I'll explain the situation...
At the company I work for, one of the managers is retiring and trading offices with the person who is becoming manager (going to work part-time afterwards). To-be manager has a 7208 phone; current manager has a 7310 phone with programming and voice mail she wishes to transfer to her new office.
My goal is:
1. Swap out 7208 phone with a 7310 phone from a room that rarely gets used anyways.
2. Do a set copy to copy all of her current programming to the new phone which will become hers.
3. Change DN #'s so that her # will be the same (and I believe the voicemail she has set up will follow the dn?)
4. Change the physical phones so her programmed buttons match the programming in her new office (just as it was in her old office)
5. Erase all of her programming on her old phone so that the new manager can program the buttons how he wants to (unless he wants the old programming? Haven't asked yet- just trying to prepare myself for the inevitable this weekend)

I believe that sums it up...

I would...
Just swap the sets now and re-program/add the users buttons, 2 minute job.

Then when comes time to move swap the 2 M7310's....make sure Set relocation is ON so that programming goes with the phone and not stay at the jack.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Second option (and the best IMHO: physically exchange the ports on the system by moving the X-connects on the block. I hate Set Relocation because if the system fails, it will take much longer to find out who had what extention...

@MooreTel:
Thanks! I never even thought of that! Much simpler than my method! [bow] I can and will do that!

@CurlyCord:
I've been called a lot of things bit never an "it". That's a new one... [lol]

Um, you lost me on the Saturday Night Live joke? [ponder] I don't watch SNL...

I have been a computer tech for around 30 years so I am in familiar territory... [bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back