Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset Password KX-TVP50

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegillespie

Instructor
Sep 24, 2007
CA
Hi - I am new to Panasonic phone systems and especially confused with old ones. I have a client with a KX-TVP50 voicemail and they have no record of the password required to record a new auto-attendent prompt. Is there a way(s) to reset this password and access the menus?

Sorry for the lack of info.

Thanks

Mike

Perhaps I should rephrase.

In what ways can I reset the password and how?

OK...I'll bite...
you change the auto attendant prompts by logging in to mailbox 998
if you forgot the password to 998 or any other mailbox, you can reset it by logging in to mailbox 999
but I'm guessing if you don't have the password for 998, you probably don't have it for 999 either
if that's the case, you'll have to default the system and re-program from scratch.

If you have the Panasonic programing Software for the Voice Mail System, then you can connect to it via a USB Port.

Most INSTALLERs don't bother to change its very basic and simple password.

If you can get that far, then you can change the 998 and 999 administrator mailbox passwords from there.

Of course, you can always call in a knowledgeable tech to do it for you.

Doing a Factory Default is really the very last option.

TVS/TVP50 does not have programming software nor does it have a USB port
and there is no standard password for those units

by default, individual mailboxes have no password
and system password for terminal interface must be specified by installer during setup

Thank you for the correction.
It sounded like the KXTVP-50 was a European version of the American KXTVA-50.

on the Contrary TA The TVP in the Eurozone had Software to program it created by same company that did windows program for TD!!!

yes...that aftermarket VM software was available here in the states too...
there are actually 2 different versions but neither are supported by Panasonic and both are known to cause problems...
Regardless, I don't believe either one offered a password recovery function...

all you need is a zoom 2836 modem set this init string AT&D0&K0&Q0\N1%C0Q1S0=1&W0 and ext or dialtone either DDI/DID or pots line and call into tech support and ask nicely and they might dial in and reset it for you they just did it for me a week ago !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back