Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset Password (IPECS LG-Ericsson Telephony System 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPAballe

Technical User
Nov 8, 2017
BR
Hello,
I need help about an LG ERICSSON IPECS-MG 100 telephone system,
by mistake I changed the password or the maintenance user and now I do not remember it.
I have the admin user, but I need the maint user.

My system is an iPECS-MG100
Version: iPECS-MG / GS55M-1.7Cd OCT / 11

I have tried the following procedure to reset the maintenance password:
I connect via serial port to the telephone system using Putty Software with 115200 bauds, 8 data bits, no parity, no flow control.
The Screen Output is:
iPECS-MG MPB100 System
Version iPECS-MG / GS55M-1.7Cd OCT / 11
Checksum: 0
Dsp Version: 1.1 (03/10/16), (A-law)
DATE: 08/11/17
TIME: 13:51:44
SITE NAME:
You are on STDIN
ENTER PASSWORD:

I write: jannie as password

maint>

I write: password man

and it does not give me any results, it just puts me back on the promp
maint>

What is missing in the procedure.

Please any help is welcome
Isidro

Hello IPA,

I have recently been in a similar sistuation on a eMG80. Here is what I did I but I’m not sure if it will work in a MFIM. From the attendant;

TRANS/PGM * # - 147* - PGM 162(226 on the MG) ( I think that’s the system password program) - flex 1 - clear the password out with speed - hold/save.

Please remember this work for a eMG80 I can’t promis it will work on a MFIM-100/MG-100.

Let me know the result.

Wishforall.

try password brandy and than password man

To Wishforall.
This worked perfectly.
Thank you so much
I just had to make some changes to the procedure:
I could not delete maint's password but I could put a new one
In this case, flex key 1 is to set the password of the user user, flex key 2 to set the admin password and flex 3 key to set the maint password.
Thank you very much again.
Isidro

Hello,
I am trying to connect 2 telephone systems of different brands to be able to make internal calls from one to another. Both systems are connected by LAN at 100 Mbps.
The telephone systems are MITEL 3300 CXi and iPECS-MG of LG-Ericsson.
Do you have any experience with this type of connection?
Thank you.

Hi again,

I have a lot of experience on both telephone systems. You are unable to network those two types of systems together. Here are your options.

1) You can get another iPECS-MG system then network the together. You will need to get a network key from a ipecs supplier (Pragma in the UK).

2) You can get another mitel 3300 CCi and cluster them together - this will not be possible for you to do unless you are Mitel certified.

Both are not easy unless you have experience in doing it as there can be no clashes in extension number/groups.

Wishforall.

So again i have relplied to this in a previous post , but the LG/IPECS can be trunked into another system via either qsig (PRI) or IP (SIP) trunking , i have done this with ipecs to IPoffice , ipecs to ldk , ipecs to panasonic kx series , unsure why you say this is not possible , if the dial plans are different then there is no issue , you have to get a bit creative with programming to eliminate trunk access codes etc on extn to exrn dialling but it is certainly possible.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

From personal experience in this and attempting it for a customer who is in a very similar sistuation with those two systems it’s has not been successful. Please if you have a soulitions and the programming knowlage to do this from a Ipecs-MG to a mitel 3300 please post below. You can then save money for two people.

Kind regards,

Wishforall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back