Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reset page number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixxy

Technical User
Mar 4, 2003
CA
Is there a way to reset page numbers in a report. For example after a certain group I would like to reset the numbers back to 1.

Also is it possible to have a different format. Ei: I would like my pages number as follow: 3.125,3.126,...etc

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Sylvain

Interestingly, I'm trying to do the same thing with the page numbers. I have put the code in as indicated in the article but cannot figure out what I need to put into the Page footer to show the actual page numbers. Should there be a text box and if so, what do I put in the fields to reference the code?

Chech Access help for:
Code:
"Reset page numbers for each group in a report"

Much easier and it works great! Any way now to show the total number of pages per Group (example Page 1 of 5)

I used the code from the Knowledge base and I am getting a 'Type Mismatch' error on the

Set GrpPages = DB.OpenRecordset("tblReportGrouping", DB_OPEN_TABLE)

in the Report_Open Event. I obviously changed the table name from what is in the example, and it has been changed in all appropriate areas. I've gone through the example and everything seems to be verbatim, but I still get the error. I did dim both the db and grppages variables as suggested, and I also tried doing so inside the Report_Open sub, which gave the same error. Is anything else required if using Access 2000?

TIA,
Todd

Todd,
In the code where you dimmed GrpPages, change the statement to:
Code:
Dim GrpPages As ADODB.RecordSet
Let me know if this helps.....

I went with DAO instead, but thank you.

Maybe I haven't been very attentive in the past, but you seem to be posting in every thread I look at all of a sudden. Did you recently quit your job and turn to being a Tek-Tips guru? :) How do you have time for all of this? Just curious...

Hey, I couldn't make a living off of Movie Phone forever, could I??

Giddyup!!

"Why don't you just say the name of the movie you want to see." :)

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

I followed the directions to start new pages numbers per group, but a very weird thing it happening.

Check out this page on MS's Knowledge base:

When I followed these directions, I don't get

group1
1 of 2
2 of 2

group2
1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 3

INSTEAD, I get

group1
1 of 2
2 of 2

group 2
3 of 5
4 of 5
5 of 5

What is causing this, and how do I fix it?

THANK YOU

If any one has any ideas, please post them. I could really use the help.

Thank you

Did you check out the link I put up to MVPS.ORG. Their code will do what you want.

Paul

Paul's right. I found an earlier thread where I referenced that page, and the code does work!!

thread703-18458

I'm CosmoKramer, and I approve this message.

Paul

Can you give us a little more help on finding this post on MVPS.ORG....because as you have seen I was the author of this post, and for me it is still not working. I had given up, but now I see some interest for this matter, so if I can I woulod like to be able to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks

Thanks,

Sylvain

In my post right under your origianl post(at the top of the page), I have the link that takes you right to the code you will need. If you still have problem witht that link let me know and I'll repost it, but I just checked it and it worked for me.

Paul

THANKS TO ALL.

I got mine working. I used the instructions from Microsoft, except, I needed to add, me.page=1 in the onformat code of the group header. It solved my problem. Thanks again to all. I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

thanks Paul, I will be looking into this a little deeper...

Thanks,

Sylvain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back