Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset KX-TD308

Status
Not open for further replies.

highstraight

Vendor
Aug 23, 2011
US
How can I gain access to KX-TD308 system which has had the password changed? Is there a hardware switch to reload the startup ROM?

You know, I thought of that. When I opened the unit, I could not help but notice right next to the battery, a strap, I hoped this would be a part of the answer. Anybody know what it does? I think battery removal is a great answer, but I am still looking for something in the design.

Not only do I not mind dumping the programming, it would be welcome.

Managers do not have access to program 900. Tried that. I do have access to Managers programming as *#1234 was never changed. If there was a switch labeled clear/reset I would have found that loooong ago. I took it off the wall to examine the back. Does anyone know what the switch/strap next to the battery is? I grow more interested in that, as the clear/reset switch is not present.

Oops. I meant **1234 works, not *#1234. I never use **1234 myself so I just typed *#1234. Manager access is intact, administrator has no accesss.

Is this still a current switch stateside? They have not been sold in Canada for many years.

Pat MacKinnon
Omni Telecommunications Inc.,
London, Ontario, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back