Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reset ip-stations; real reset or 'just' reboot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekitori

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
NL
Hi all,

I have a new 46xxsettings.txt and screensaverlogo's on my http server to be loaded on 9620's and 9608's, but they don't get loaded when I reboot my phone.
(pull the POE-cord, toggle POE switchport-power or busy/release)
It does load 96xxupgrade.txt and 46xxsettings.txt, but that's it.

Only way to get the new stuff in the phones is to manually RESET or CLEAR it, but I want to do this remote, on a 'outside-office-hours' moment.

Does the 'reset ip-stations' do an actual reset or does this also just 'reboots' the phones, thus not downloadign my new settings ?

Maybe there's another trick for this ?

Sekitori

Hi Sektori,

If you are using CM6 , you schedule the file download from Utility server.

Arshadteck

Arshadteck, not using utility server, unfortunately....

Sekitori

When rebooting the phone via the reset ip command , this will if your phones via whatever method are correctly configured to point at a http server(option string , statically assigned) grab the 46xx settings file.

You can also use busy and release command.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Yes Montyzummer - the phone reboots en loads the 46xxsettings.txt but it will not load the new logo files I specified in the settingsfile.

For some reason it thinks the file hasn't changed, so no need to load additional files.
It just goed from 96xxupgrade to 46xxsettings en then connects to the CM.
Doesn't download language files nor logo's....

The only way I can get it to 'fully' reload is by manual RESET or CLEAR.....

Maybe there's a trick to force this ?

Sekitori

Hmm seems strange i have just tested on my set with a reset and busy release and pick up the new file , i am trying to think of something in your current 46xx that is locking your sets down

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

>For some reason it thinks the file hasn't changed, so no need to load additional files.

No, it doesn't check if the file has been changed.

Once it has successfully uploaded a logo file, it will not upload a new file, unless you change the name in the 46xxsettings and (obviously the file)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I've done thousands of phone FW upgrades using the reset command, but that was pulling an entirely updated folder content. I'll also test just flagging a simple feature on within the 46xx.settings file and see if the phone picks it up this way.

Ahh exactly as Matt says i missed that.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Just a thought,

The phones keeps the previous 46xx settings, the only way it would upload the new settings file is to do a hard clear/reset.

Happen to me once and my SSON was on 241 not 242. DHCP scope was set with 242, but when the sson was changed it just kept the already uploaded 46xx file till I did clear/reset

Today Makes Tomorrow

No. It will upload the 46xx settings file even boot. It doesn't upload the image file unless the filename in the settings file is changed

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

easy to prove kyles advice .... change lets say newfile.jpg to newfile1.jpg ..... i bet you my house the new file is uploaded

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back