Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset Internet Connection With Cisco675

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennuhw

MIS
Apr 18, 2001
US
We have a Cisco 675 for DSL through Qwest. Anyone else having problems with having to turn on and off the router to reinstate connection with the internet? We have to do this about once a week depending on traffic. I have been told that it is a 'memory leak.' Questions? Comments?

Has the DSL circuit been tested to your facility? What is the up and down rate? What is the maximum? Lets try to eliminate a dsl problem before replacing equipment. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Yes, this problem has plagued a client who has a 678, who had Quest's Adaptive Rate DSL owing to distance from the CO. One would hope the unit would re-establish its connection should the line quality dip below usable levels.

Presumably the timer setting in the software is set to max?
Does anyone know about PPoE drop outs and reconnection?

Best
MikeMc

We started having the problem when we upgraded to a 4mb connection. Any thoughts?

I have had problems with the ip number changing on my network every hour or so.
I had to unplug the cisco 675 modem in order to get back on the network.
Qwest say its Cisco call, Cisco say its Qwest problem.

We just found out about the upgrade today and did do it already. Hopefully that fixes our problems with rebooting it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back