Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reserve Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgogan

MIS
Feb 27, 2007
US
Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help me. I am trying to set up reserve agents that will only take calls after a certain time threshold has gone by. I set up two test agents, one with a regular skill level and one as an R1. My hunt group form has Service Level Supervisor? y, Activate on Oldest Call Waiting? y, Level 1 Threshold (sec): 30. No matter what I do, if the regular agent is unavailable the call goes to the Reserve agent without waiting. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

One more thing, I noticed that if there are no regular agents availalbe to take calls the system immediately puts the skill into OVRLD2 state (overload 2). This would explain why the calls are going to my Reserve agents but it seems to render the whole reserve threshold concept useless as the skills are never even allowed to get into OVRLD1. Does anyone have any insight or fixes for this, the documentation on this is scant and does not offer much help?

cgogan...

Is your time threshold based on time-of-day principle (5pm-6pm) or is it a length of time, ie...5 minutes?

You can achieve either type using vectoring so long as your skill groups/queues are using vectoring.

How do you have your queues set up? Do you have VDNs set up to point to vectors, that provide queue-to steps and call treatment? If you provide some more info, I'm sure everybody here can get you set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back