Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reschedule or skip backup day using command prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padzik

Technical User
Nov 26, 2003
CZ
Hi,
I'd like to know if it is possible to reschedule or maybe skip day using ANY command prompt utility in job (that runs all days during week) that is CUSTOM only. Exceptions in days/time can be made only in rotation jobs. I read the cabatch readme and it is usable only for new jobs as I understand it good. For example, I have job that runs MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI and I want to skip THU in custom job. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

When you custom schedule your backup job you can still exclude days by choosing the repeat method to run all days of the week, except for Saturday, Sunday and Thursday for your case,

regards

Thanks Cyklops,
BUT I want to exclude for eg. THU only ONCE and it would be better to do this by setting which date I want to exclude. This is for eg. Christmas holiday, the first week I want to exclude THU, the second week I want to exclude FRI in case not being at work two weeks. I hope you understand what I mean. Is is possible?

I found it.
ca_qmgr - I can run it with parameter changing the execution date. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back