Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Res 3700 - Need to upgrade 4.9 to 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Hobb

Technical User
Nov 28, 2016
QA
Hello, there.

I would like to upgrade our Res 3700 from 4.9 version to 5.7. I have all the 5.7 installation file however, I don't have the script file "4xPreConvertTo5x.mcs" nor the version 5.0 files.

Can anybody share the link to download the script & Res 5.0 files.

Thanks!

Thanks brother. Much appreciated.

Do u mind sharing the RES 4.9 & 5.0 setup files.

4.9 for creating a testing environment to migrate the database as I don't touch the live environment.

5.0 for next level of upgrade or can I directly upgrade it 5.7? If so then I have the 5.7 setup files. I can get it from oracle edelivery.

Thanks

Not sure what you're planning to do, but you can run the script on the 4.9 installation, then go straight to any 5.X.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

I was trying to say that, I would like to setup 4.9 environment for testing the upgrade process as I don't want to disturb the live environment hence I would require 4.9 setup files. Kindly share if you have. Thanks.

If you already have the system running, just do the DB update, and throw in a VM with RES 5.7 directly.

It's pretty simple!

Wow... Thanks for the support.

Did the same... Was successfully upgraded to 5.7 MR6, Thanks for your help.

Welcome mate! Hope to see you around! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back