Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RES 3700 Magic Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

OracleSucks

Programmer
Sep 25, 2015
CA
Hi there,

I use magic update quite frequently. Our server recently had to be rebuilt, and now magic update is gone. The third-party contractor we're working with has no idea what magic update is, and I can't figure out how to get it back. Our original install was done when Micros was still Micros, and now trying to get anything out of Oracle feels like a giant waste of time and energy. Can anyone tell me how to re-enable magic update?

Thanks in advance!

For future reference for anyone looking for this, it's the following registry key:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\MICROS\3700\Ops\MagicDownload

Never heard of this before?
What does Magic do?

When you make changes in Configurator you usually have to wait a few minutes to push those changes to your terminals or do a database reload. Magic Update allows you to push the changes immediately by clicking the upper left corner of the RES terminal on the server. It's super handy.

restarting the db update service should do the same thing, make sure your aim is good because if you restart the database service or the distributed service manager server you will likely need to reboot the server
or just write a batch file that you can run from the desktop that restarts the service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back