Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Res 3700 database error, help fixing database and upgrading from Ver3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwonderfulsaloon

Technical User
May 10, 2016
CA
microsDB_np0i9n.jpg

running micros res 3700 version 3.2.78.1284
Have a database error i receive every morning when it prints the day end totals. (see image attached)

Looking to fix the database, also want help in upgrading from 3.2 to something like 5.2, any help would be appreciated.

I am not an expert, the more you dumb it down the better I can understand what to do.

Thank you

You will probably need to fix your database to have a successful upgrade. Would suggest trying a rebuild of database and see if that completes.
If you want to upgrade to 5.2 or more you need to consider;
1) Licences fees. You will need to pay oracle a fee to license everything up to 5.x. Cost will depend on what your currently licensed for
2) Hardware. You may have to upgrade you workstations and your server depending what you have now to use 5,x
3) Credit cards or any other interfaces. Just need to make sure any addons you use now will work with 5.x
If you want to move forward let me know.
Hope this helps.

I do want to move forward. I have hired Oracle to build us a new server running on 5.5 res3700. This would come with a blank database. The amount they wanted to charge just to try and fix the database was very expensive, and if they couldn't fix it, i would eventually end up doing this upgrade. I was fortunate to purchase four workstation6 at auction for a great price. I am hoping to use them with the new server. I have so many questions about installing micros on my office PC, would you be willing to chat about some issues i am having?

thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back