Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RES 3700 Beverage Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

kknoy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2016
US
We use a prefix item to enable us to ring in beverage packages. We are looking to change it so we can better account for sales in the proper categories. Beer vs wine vs liquor. The problem is ideally the price is attached to the choice and rolls up into the package. We are trying to find a sim or macro that can fill in the missing spots if all of the allotted beverages are not used up per seat.

Questions

1- What is a beverage package and how are the menu items programmed?
2- What do you mean by saying, "fill in the missing spots if all of the allotted beverages are not used up per seat."?

Menu items report to 2 areas, Major group (on the Sys Sales Detail Report) and to Family Group (reported on menu item reports).
3- Where do you need these items better categorized? Where do they report now?

David Jenulis

Sorry Bootstrapper a little background.. For private dining parties we allow them to book with a 20 or 30 dollar package that includes 2 or 3 beverages respectively. With that being said there are 10 items that could go into the package in any way shape or form some beer some wine and some liquor. When one is selected I want the charge to be 10 dollars (these items will be beverage package specific) This charge on the guest check will roll up into the package rather than show a separate line. The issue becomes if a guest doesn't order all two or three I still want to charge the full value of the package. As such if I have a 40 person party I want to find a way to not click each seat and add the package upcharge button. Currently we have the global package and the sales all go to wine no matter if they ring beer or liquor.
Thanks

I would look into using either combo meals or pre-fix menu items. The challenge is, you are overriding the price of the drinks with the package price, but want the menu item to report individually. If I ring one beer and one wine in the $20 dollar package, how will the system determine the amount to post to beer/wine? (rhetorical question, this highlights why the programming is not straight forward).

Use the help files to program the combo meals and pre-fix menus.

David Jenulis

Bootstrapper We already do it with a pre-fix menu. The issue is we want to change where the charge in the prefix menu comes from. Essentially allowing us to divvy up the sales based off what the guests actually got. The issue is if 10 packages were sold and only 14 of the 20 drinks were rung I don't want to have to rely on the manager to then go find the seats missing one and ring them in. Imagine when it gets to be 50 or 75 ppl.

Agreed, prefix is not ideal for large parties. Combo meals do not depend on seats, try that. Reporting the price of the individual items in the combo and not the entire combo will be a challenge, not sure how to handle that.

David Jenulis

BootstrapperRI I know its not ideal however we don't know what the guests will order until they have ordered it hence why we went with the prefix setup. btw Combo meal you can put pricing in each course if you wanted to.

Have you tried using Automatic Discounts? When I program Pre-Fix menus I typically use automatic discounts.

Mr54443 The problem is it really isn't a discount more of an upcharge.. Plus that doesn't account for the part where we need the sales to hit the proper tax categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back