Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RES 3700 - 5.7 MR6 - Restoration to new server Issue

skytechsvg

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2024
Hi All,

i'm in a bit of a pickle and would like some assistance if possible.

We had previously backed up a copy of our DB for reporting purposes.

I am not in the process of trying to restore that DB to a temp VM to generate reports for accounts. I installed Micros 5.7 - selected the database. While upgrading it gave the following error:

1. MICROSKeyBackup.MBZ5G4 does not exist. Unable to restore passwords and keys. - Pulled from DM.log
Connecting and initializing
***** SQL error: Incorrect or missing encryption key
- Pulled from DMRebuild.log

I also have a backup with mbz5g3 files but i do not see any mbz5g4.

Is there another way to generate this key and continue the database install ?

At the moment, i am unable to start the DB so access to applications are limited.

Look forward to any assistance you can provide, and Thank You in advance.

The DB restore is simply requesting for the database key file which is normally named. MICROSXXXXXXX.k.mbz5g4

Since it's a new 5.7 install, I will advise you select an mbz5g3 db as the import database.

After installation, you can import your d.mbz5g4 and k.mbz5g4

Thanks much for the info.

I'll give it a try that way and see if it works.

It successfully imported the backup - however when i attempt to open POS configuration etc - after entering the username and password - it takes a while before stating invalid ID.

I can confirm the username and password entered are correct.

Is there any thing else you can recommend ?

Of course username and password is incorrect.

You can set the property to use classic security via interactive sql. Then use the DB admin password ID to logon to pos configurator so you can change your current password in configurator

Thanks for that bit of info. Sorry i'm not that great at SQL.

It took me some time to find it, but I was able to change it and use the code to login. However, when i got in i am unable to change the password for the user, as it is greyed out.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

As i sent that message i found some information on how to continue.

Looks like all sorted & restored.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back