Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rereshing grid on Interactive Change 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

csr

Programmer
Jul 20, 2000
I have a grid on a form. The grid displays 2 fields: sequence and text. The underlying file is called test with fields ... sequence: C 10 and text: C 250 and an active index called sequence with expression: sequence.

I have 4 records in the file with various values for sequence and text.

I have ... thisform.refresh ... in the Interactive Change method of the sequence field.

When I execute the form, I wish to modify the value of the sequence field and have the grid refresh so as to show the new sequence of items within the grid.

However, ... what happens is this ...

When I change the value of SEQUENCE and press the ENTER key, nothing happens. I must move the record pointer and then begin modify the value of the present SEQUENCE field before the update occurs.

I think my problem is related to having to move the record pointer in order for the underlying file to be written to.

Not sure ... Anyone have insight into this behavior ?

Don
dond@csrinc.com

Refresh the grid instead!
thisform.Grid1.Refresh()

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc
Farmington Hills, Michigan

I have tried that. It is no different.

Don
dond@csrinc.com

CSR

Are you using buffering? I think that without buffering used you would have to explicitly move the record pointer through the records for them to be written. I could be mistaken though.

John
[lightsaber]

No buffering.

Don
dond@csrinc.com

csr,
Put this in Valid event

Go recno()
ThisForm.Refresh

Hope it works

-- AirCon --

BINGO AirCon !

The Go Recno() did the trick.

I put it in the Lostfocus method and it worked perfectly.

Thank You

Don
dond@csrinc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back