Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Required Firewall Ports for Nortel VPN Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

zghortaman

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2002
US
Hi, I’m looking for some advice. I use the Nortel VPN client version 4_15.06. I can connect just fine (WinXP Professional) to my org’s Contivity switch when I set my PC’s to go through my home firewall/router’s DMZ. But when the PC is set to not go through the DMZ, I can’t connect (I get a “remote host not responding” error). I’ve opened up the following ports on my home firewall/router (it's a Compaq IPaq Model CP-2W):

21 (TCP for FTP)
80 (TCP for HTTP)
144 (TCP for News)
23 (TCP for Telnet)
110 (TCP for Pop3)
25 (TCP for SMTP)
6699 (TCP)
6257 (UDP)
500 (TCP & UDP)
1723 (TCP & UDP)

I must be missing a port or two to open. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I figured out my own answer. The IPaq CP-2W home router/firewall has a virtual server component. It's necessary to foward ports 500 (UDP) and 1723 (TCP) from global to local within the virtual server configuration. After I did that (thanks to some advice from the Compaq website), I was able to easily connect via VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back