Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Representing a table on a form as a grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyN

Programmer
Sep 2, 2000
GB
I am currently extending a ticket booking system to include seat allocation. I have a table which represents a block of (say) 676 seats. The first field column is called 'Row' and there are 26 records for the letters A-Z. I then have field columns for the seat numbers (1-26) making up a grid. The idea is to place the booking reference number into the grid as the seats are sold. So far, fairly easy.

My problem is that I need to represent this table on a form. My first attempt involved setting out 676 very small text boxes on the form to represent the block of seats. Each text box has to do a DLookup based on its row and column number to get its booking reference value. Needless to say this took hours to set up and takes too long to calculate the controls when the form opens. Also I can see that I will have to have 676 OnClick subroutines to enter the booking reference number as part of the allocation routine.

Can anyone point me towards a better solution? Is there a grid type control which can bind to the whole table? I guess I could show the table in datasheet view but this doesn't give me the scope for formatting that I'd like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back