Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Representation in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnKota

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
US
I have a report that has different groupings by REASON CODE. The reason codes are stored as two digits, i.e. RA represents "Radio Ad." I would like the section headings in my report to show up as with the representative titles instead of the two digit representations. I am not sure how to accomplish this in a report. I know that I can't use a Case Loop, and the Iff statement is too simple because I have 15 reason codes. Maybe a nested Iff is possible?????

Your best bet would be to add the table with the descriptions to the query that serves as the reports record source, and include the description field in the query. Then the field would be available in the report.

You could also have a look at the DLookup() function, but this is slower and less efficient then including the field in the query.

-Gary

is it possible to use a Switch function in a report? If so, how do I reference a value of the query that the report is based on?

The Switch was what I needed...thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back