Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repost Need a better search engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

at51178

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
I have a form with a search engine but the search engine that I have is not so robust for my next project does any one know how I can tweak this so that the search results are better.

Basically I want the result to look up any word that matches my criteria.

This is the code that I am using right now.

Me.RecordSource = "SELECT * " & "FROM tblHelp " & "WHERE tblHelp.Result LIKE '*" & Forms!frmIndex!txtSearch & "*';"

Hi at,

What do you mean by: "how I can tweak this so that the search results are better"?

You will be getting the search results that you have asked for in the SQL statement i.e. all records where RESULT field is LIKE the contents of txtSearch.

You can't GET any better than 100% accurate.

Regards,

Darrylle

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience." darrylles@totalise.co.uk

Well I want it to search for every word in the search criteria against what I have in the database

so if I am looking for red crayons and its not it not database but blue crayons is the it will bring back blue crayons

right now if I am searching for something it has to be exactly or close to exactly what I was typing

Hi look at the post 2 lines below, thread702-673808, that should help.

Sorry but that didn't do the trick do you know of any websites that may give me insite to what I am looking to do or do you know if there is another way to rewrite the following code for a form so that the search engine is more robust.

Me.RecordSource = "SELECT * " & "FROM tblHelp " & "WHERE tblHelp.Result LIKE '*" & Forms!frmIndex!txtSearch & "*';"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back