Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repository problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnifeR

MIS
Jan 6, 2004
PL
Hello,
I have problem with repositories in ePo 3.0.1. I have two repositories A and B. A is a master repository, B is distributed FTP repository.

A: is a ePo server. While I'm looking into sitelist.xml I see that master repository is SPIPEsite eposerver:81 <RelativePath>Software. My question is: how does it works cause while my Vscan 7.1 is connecting to get an update I see: error download sitestat.xml and then Vscan is switching to repository B

B: is a distributed repository - my second PC - Windows XP so cause I'm using IIS it has only 10 connection - but it always works.

Questions:
1. Could I use master repository for updating? This is fast server - if I can't use master repository maybe I can create distributed repository on this machine but as FTP site?
2. While I was using ePo 2.5.1 my console have worked very fast. After ePo 3.0.1 installation I'm waiting sometimes for 10 minutes for anything but console on ePo server is working very fast.

Please help me.

Best Regards
SnifeR

You should be able to use your master repository for updateing your clients on the network. I think you can specify the order in which the clients seek the repositories, when you open up the console, log in and do the following.

1. Click on your top level directory
2. Click on the policies tab
3. Double click on the ePolicy Orchestrator Agent, to expand its settings.
4. Click on Configuration
5. Select the &quot;Repositories&quot; tab.
6. Uncheck &quot;Inherit&quot;
7. Select the Use ePo configured repoitories
8. Select &quot;User defined list&quot;
9. Move the ePo server repository to the top of the list.

Hit apply. This will force your entire directory to go to the ePo server for its updates, once the settings propagate to all the agents. After you hit apply, you can try it on one machine, by opening the ePo agent, and selecting &quot;Collect and Send Props&quot;, the opening up the VSE7.1 console and going to &quot;Tools&quot; --> &quot;Edit Autoupdate Repository List.&quot; If the new settings propagated correctly, the epo server will be at the top of the list. you can then try to do a manual update on the machine, by selecting &quot;update Now&quot; from the ePo shield context menu next to your clock (if you have that enabled).

In the autoupdate box, you should see that the updater is trying to connect to the ePo server, and it should get its updates from there.

I am not quite sure why you are experiencing slowdowns in your ePo console. Where exactly does it take a long time to do anything? When you make changes to the cofiguration, or when you try to log in?

Hope that helps,

Sven

Yes - I know that I can move up ePo server but the problem is that ePo server is on the top of the list. Problem is that any agent could update from master repository. Agent is connecting for updates to master repository and then every time I see error: error download sitestat.xml - I see in log files for Vscan 7.1 on my all PC's that they never have been updated from ePo master repository. Is there any chance check that master repository is working?

I have slowdowns while I'm opening ePo console and connecting to ePo server. After I log in I'm waiting about 5 minutes while ePo console will download all files. I'm waiting minutes for opening directory tree, going to tasks and everything. When I'm going to repository I'm wainting sometimes for 10 minutes.

Snifer

Snifer
use a remote control apps (vnc, dameware) to take remote control of you epo server. It's not a solution, but it's go faster :) I sometimes do that, and it works fine . . .

Did you check the access rights to master repository in the repository tab. Click on the &quot;Master Repository&quot; pictures, select the server and click on the &quot;Edit Repository&quot; button. It's probably an access rights problem. You client don't have permissions to access your Windows Server. Try to access it from a client by ftp with IE or file sahring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back