Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReportStudio CAST functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinnaseenu

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2005
US
Hai,

I've SQL Server Column 'DueDate' that is a string data type but it stores a date value
as 'yyyymmdd'(eg:20050816) i want to convert it into integer ,when i use SQLServer function
cast_integer([DueDate]) i'm getting the error that the function does not exist.

please any kind of help would be great i'm stuck with that for couple of days.

THANX alot

sorry hit submit a bit quick :p

cast_timestamp('20050816') will give you a real date
cast_integer('20050816') will give you an integer

What I was saying above is that cognos actually does a
convert(int,'20050816') in the SQL itself
not a cast..This should work. I would look at the generated SQL and see if you can figure out what it is actually doing.

Hai thanx for the reply,
but it's working if i give explivitly like'20050816'
and it's not working if i send a column from sqlserver data base
Cast_integer([duedate])
i'm getting that the function does not exist.

QE-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-228'.

UDA-SQL-0219 The function "cast_integer" is not available as an external, database, or built-in function.

Where are you adding this? If you are adding it to an actual SQL statement (tab sql or something) then you must use the proper sql. Cast_integer is not a command that work natively with sql server. You need to use convert

i really thank you for your patience and helping me.

actually i'm getting that column [DUEDATE] from SQLServer into a tabular model
there i dragged 'Dataitem' and in the expression of that i wrote "cast_integer([DueDate])".

How should i use convert in reportnet does it work for any database? could you please give me the syntax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back