Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports - removing summary totals if they are '0'

Status
Not open for further replies.

xk120

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
US
I have created a report which displays the excess inventory for a part number(it is a calculatrion of three fields), each part number can have several lines. I created a Group Band on Part Number, the calculation is set to sum and it resets after each change in part number. The problem is I don't want the lines to appear if the sum is '0'.

----------------------------------------------
i.e. xxxxxx pkg1 100
xxxxxx pkg2 50
----------------------------------------------
total xxxxxx 150

-----------------------------------------------
i.e. xxxxxxx pkg1 -100
xxxxxxx pkg2 25
total xxxxxx -75 I don't want this line to appear!!!
calculation set to 'sum'
What do you suggest?

Hi!

All controls of report have an option 'Print When...'. Just put logical expression like 'MySumVariable > 0' or something like that. Make this for all controls involved to show totals line.

HTH.

Vlad Grynchyshyn
vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua
The professional level of programmer could be determined by level of stupidity of his/her bugs

I tried that, I set the print when to the same expression as I used to create the balance on each line. It applied the logic to the last line of the detail above, if there were three lines 10,-20,0 and the print when said <>0 it would not show -10(the sum of 10-20+0) because the last line of the detail report was 0. Setting the Group band calculation to sum on a calculated fields seems to cause the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back