Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports in VB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfside1

Programmer
Feb 12, 2006
US
What is the equivalent of the Access Report in VB? Is it just another class? Can you have group totals/subtotals/headers/footers? thanks!

Look into datareports. Go to the project menu and select Add Data Report. It can do everything you state above.

Swi

Although data reports were never very well implemented. The first time I tried to use it, I discovered that such a simple thing as changing from portrait to landscape orientation mode was not supported!

It always felt like something one of the VB development members had created on his off-time, then said heck, let's just throw it in.

I suspect most VB6 programmers that do a lot of reporting use a third-party tool.

There is an older version of Crystal that comes with VB6 - it should be good enough for your purposes.

You're right, datareports aren't that good but I believe that datareports have supported landscape printing since SP5.

Steam Engine Prints

johnwm - I guess that was after I gave them up for good after my first bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back