Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports from Production db or Report db

Status
Not open for further replies.

amykr

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
US
We do most of our reporting from a database with day-old data. There are 3-5 reports that must be real-time and access the production database. I have created a catalog with an DSN to the reporting database. This works just fine - I can run sproc reports or create catalog reports and the data is correct. In order to create the reports for the production database, I copied the catalog that has the DSN for the reporting database, gave the catalog a different name and saved it. Then, I opened the production catalog and changed the DSN to one that points to the production database. When I do this, I am able to create sproc reports and get data from production but I am not able to create catalog reports. I get an error that says the table or view does not exist in the dictionary. Any ideas?

Change the level of qualification for the tables in the Catalog.

I just got this working - thanks for the response. What happened, is that when I copied the catalog, it did not automatically change the name of the database (when navigating to catalog->tables) The first level lists the dsn connection and the second level lists the database. I renamed this database from the reporting one to the production one and now everything works fine - the tables verify and my reports work. What specifically do the 'qualify more' and 'qualify less' buttons do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back