Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReportNet Stored Procedure as Query Subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyc71

Programmer
Apr 9, 2004
US
I have a stored procedure which requireds parameters as a query subject how can you pass the paramaters to the stored procedure from either Query studio or Report studio.

Currently when publishing package while trying to create report the stored procedure does not return any fields since parameters are not yet initialized.

Can anyone help.

Disregard, I was able to figure it out.

You need to insert a macro as a parameter

If you have sorted it out...good. Else let me know if you need to know how to do it without Macros.

Hi,
No need to work with parameters here.

First you have to create the Query Subject in Framework Manager. (probably you already have)
If your Stored Procedure has arguments (parameters) you will see them under the Arguments tab when you edit the Query Subject.
In the Value column you need to supply a name for the parameter.
Example ?Parameter1? or ?Parameter2?

Publish the Package.

On creating a ReportNet Studio report, you need to create as many parameters as you need, with the same name as you have done in Framework Manager. (the same name is important)
Example Parameter1 Parameter2

On excuting the report, RN will pass thru the ReportStudio parameter to the Framework, and then further to the Stored Procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back