Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReportNet Report URL--urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drseuss

MIS
Dec 16, 2002
US
How do you get the URL of a report in order to pass it to another application (external JAVA appl)? Are the URL's stored in the Content Manager and, if so, how do you retrieve the information? Also, how would you pass security information when calling the report? We're trying to create a demo so we're in a bit of a crunch.

Thanks!
S.

I seem to recall some of the audit info might have the URL. Look in the audit samples w/ the SDK. Sorry can't add more.

CindyW,
Thanks. I'm looking through the examples, but I can't any that relate to audit. Can you be more specific?

Thanks,
S.

Hi,

in the SDK documentation there is a chapter called 'Performing Basic Tasks Using
URLs' that explains how to construct URLs.

Anna

Thanks. I found the information in dg_sdk.pdf, ch.11.

hi S,

do u have any idea how to handle the Value containing '&' e.g ENERGY & UTILITIES
The Value is coming from the Database .So when i am generating the URL like
'[@name=%22Cigma%20Group%20Global%22]/report[@name=%22BFGS_02_New_P%22]%20%0A
&p_Level=b&p_Sector=' + [SectorName]

[SectorName] is the dataitem created in Report Studio.

i am getting p_Sector=ENERGY only!!!!

thanx
Meera

well i know one way to get the URL, it may not be the easiest but it works.

on your report create a drill through on one of your fields and drill thru to the same report

when you run the report and drill thru to the same report, the url will be in the address window of your browser

just a follow up on my solution.....

when creating the drill thru field, DON'T save the report before you run it

when you drill thru to the same report it will actually be the unmodified report sitting on the server...so once you copy the url from the browser you can just exit without saving the report changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back