Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reportnet Cognos Connection Error, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwway

Programmer
Feb 27, 2004
CN
hi,i add a datasource in ReportNet and the type i choose "oracle",then in the SQL*Net connect string,i input
"system/newstar123@gosales" and test it;Then erro came to me:
QE-DEF-0258:logon failure
QE-DEF-0068:Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database in:testDatasourceConnection.
UDA-SQL-0432:Unable to locate the gateway: "cogudaor"

in my environment at tnsnames.ora
GOSALES =(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL= TCP)(HOST = 10.46.9.95)(PORT = 1521)))(CONNECT_DATA =SERVICE_NAME = gosl))).
i try to fill 'GOSALES' or 'gosl' or entire string,but they are not worked . but SQLPlus with Oracle is worked properly.

other metod,I setup the ODBC connection to the same settings that I have on another pc that has Cognos running properly. When i run a connection test,connection run all along all along and no error occur until it occur another
web page : cgi gataway timeout.

database version: 9.2.0.1.0
cognos reportnet version: 1.02.419.0

pls help me!thanks

Is the database, framework manager and Cognos Connection on the same machine or on different machines. I'm also having same problems trying to connect to an Oracle database where the database is on a remoter server?

I can connect to the database thru Orale Enterprise Manager and also via Impromptu.

Pls help me also

Sounds to me if possibly the necessary JAR files for the Oracle client access are missing. SQL*Plus is working well, but access from CRN fails, this indicates a problem with the interaction between CRN's connector and the Oracle client.

You'll find this stuff in the Oracle directory (<ORACLE_HOME>/jdbc/lib). Copy "classes12.zip" from this directory to <CRN_HOME>/webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib as "classes12.jar" directory of CRN, restart CRN server and then try to test the connection again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back