Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting Tree 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDonna

Programmer
Jan 13, 2004
CA
Hi,

We have row level security implemented in our HRMS system and I want to create a new reporting tree based on deptid that does not match our Dept_security tree.

Can I use the same tree structure but just give the tree a different name? I guess I am just not clear on how row level security knows which tree to look at. Is it by tree name DEPT_SECURITY?

Thanks...any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

The way PS works with the Row level Security is that it looks @ the Roles and @ one of the key tables -- PS_SCRTY_TBL_DEPT and decides what access should be given to whom (based on the ROWSECCLASS of each Employee in the organisation).
Now while doing this it will always be looking up in the DEPT_SECURITY tree to find the Department relationship in an Organisation.
If you create a new Tree and have a different name it will not interfere with the Row Level Security (it is something like having an alternate tree --- something like a POSITION Tree).
So you can safely save the current DEPT_SECURITY tree with a Different name and / or SETID and modify it to suite your Reporting Relationship, preferably if the needs are different it would be helpful to create a Reporting tree from scratch.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back