Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting tools in 10.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHere

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
I am new to Oracle, I come from the PeopleSoft side. PS has a great tool (PS Query) where users can create queries, and either view results online, or run the results to a spreadsheet, or even a Crystal report. Is there any comparable tool in Oracle Financials 10.7? Is there anything similar coming up in 11i? Any help you could give me is most appreciated!

I use Business Objects, they have rapid deployment templates for Oracle Financials I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Oracle Discoverer works fine for that purpose, especially when used with the Business Views/End User Layers provided as part of the Oracle BIS solution. We are on 11i here, so I don't know whether this is feasible with release 10.7. (we used Discoverer with release 11 too). Team Leader - Apps Development & Support
Queensland Investment Corporation
GPO Box 2242
Brisbane QLD 4000 AUSTRALIA

Oracle have Developer/2000
inside lots tools can use (From, report, project.....), also I hear they have financial analyzer eazy for financial people use, but if you are a developer, use developer/2000 will be feel more fun for you.
Oh, developer/2000 also can use with IBM DB2, sybase....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back