Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting on Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

darivian9

MIS
Nov 13, 2006
AU
Hi all,

I am still a bit green on CCM so this question may be easy for all of you.

Is anyone able to tell me if you can report on the status of phones?

I'd like to find out how many/which phones have been unplugged from the network.

We are using CCM 4.0

Cheers

Dave

Go Device>Phone and do a search Device Name Begins With and leave the search box blank.
This should list all phones that have been added to Call Manager and also list what status they are in. If they are not plugged in then they should have a status of "Not Found"
Depending on the site and the number of phones you have this is probably the easiest way of doing it. Otherwise you could probably look on the Real Time Monitoring Tool Plugin that you can load from Application>Install Plugins.

Run this on your call manager.

or IP/ccmadmin/reports/devicelistx.asp

copy and paste the output into excel, Row 2
run text-to-columns and use a single quote (") as the delimiter.

run an auto filter on Row 1 and sort column L for blank fields at the very bottom of the list.

At the bottom of the screen Excel will list how many blanks out of the total number of devices.

You don't have to worry about CTI Ports, they won't show up. Also, conference phones (7936's) in my case don't show up either and they are $ so you'll have to track them by hand.

RTMT is the best/clearest way for me to see whats registers and whats not.

That is terrific. Can this be done with forced authorization codes as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back