Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting on client data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidxpert

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2009
US
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to use NetWorker to provide information on clients and would appreciate very much any help with what commands/scripts are available for the following:

1) How much storage does a client have and what % of that storage is used
2) For each client what are all the backup jobs that have been run for a given date range
3) What is this OS of a client and what application modules (like NetWorker for Oracle) are installed on each client

Thanks for all that contribute to this group, the best I've found!

David

Hello,

1 - unless you have pools defined specifically for clients, the storage is wide open to every client. The % of filling cannot be computed because it depends on the data compression.

2 - try a mminfo command with some parameters like -c client_name, and savetime.

3 - you can get information with the nsradmin command which can walk throught networker databases information.

Denis

Thanks for the information.

For the client storage I was not clear, I'm not interested in the amount of NW storage used, but the actual storage that exists on the client file system.

Not enough clear :)

- the total amount of data saved for this client ?
- the total amount of data to be saved when launching a save ?

...but the actual storage that exists on the client file system."

What about chkdsk or df ?

What I'm looking for is something like hasf for a client.

Be careful - the 'Host Agent' software was never supported and has been removed with NW 7.5. To the best of my knowledge, it has only been available for Windows.

Probably, the Data Protection Advisor can help.

Thanks, I must have seen it in an old admin guide and I could not find it in the new LRM so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

What is the Data Protection Advisor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back