Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting off of two datasources

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekiePrincess

Programmer
Jun 1, 2009
US
I am new to crystal reports and I have been tasked with developing a report that uses two datasources one is an interbase database the other is from an excel spreadsheet. I am trying to figure out how to extract the data from two columns in my excel spreadsheet and pass it to my crystal report. This report should be able to run on demand. should mentio that the excel file name changes monthly, ie. (MKT-Feb-09.xls, MKT-Jan-09.xls) and I want the user to be able to choose which excel file to use when running the report. Is this possible and if so can someone point me in the right direction of determing the best way to accomplish this.

Thanks...

You can define an Excel spreadsheet as an input table, use SEARCH to get details.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks Madawc,
I have already defined my excel spreadsheet in crystal and can report off of it. The problem that I am having is how do I get crystal to change the datasource to a different spreadsheet via parameter based off of the excel spreadsheet name or can this not be done. If not what would be the best way to get around this? Maybe feeding the excel through an access database and reporting off of the access database as my second datasource.

You can switch between datasources using Database > Set Datasouce Location. Beyond that I can't help.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back