Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting Lost Sales on Goldmine 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemcguigan

Technical User
May 8, 2001
I need to report on Goldmine 5.5 (dBase) using Crystal 8 so that it shows me all Lost Sales over a certain period.

I can't use our Result Codes as I think some sales may have been completed incorrectly so in the report I need to insert the field which tells me whether the sale was Lost or Closed.

Does anyone know how I can do this, or what the field is called? I can't identify it in Conthist from the "Insert Database Field" option of the report.

Thanks

Here is how I deal with Goldmine in Crystal.

First, find a record that you know has a lost sale.

Then, create a simple report using only the CONTACT
table. Put in the ACCOUNTNO, COMPANY, and CONTACT fields.

Then, use the select expert to select the correct record.

When you preview your report you should have one record.

Now, link to the ContHist table (use automatic linking).

Insert all the fields from ContHist except the memo fields.
There is a FIELDTYPE field (I am writing this from home, so I don't have the exact spelling).

Find the record(s) that answer your question. Note the unique identifiers for that record(s). I think that the FIELDTYPE will be helpful. Add the correct fields and values to the select expert.

Now, remove the first part of the select expert where you inditied you test record.

Format your report.

Howard Hammerman,

Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material, software, and support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

Thanks Howard, that worked a treat - I found the field I need and have now identified all the relevant records.

Dave

Lost sales in GoldMine are identified in the conthist.rectype field. A U as the last character of the RECTYPE field indicates a lost sale, blank in that position indicates a closed sale.

S U = lost sale

S = closed sale

-Doug Castell
GoldMine Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back