Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reported Mailbox Size in Exchange System Manager Incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2004
US
I have a number of mailboxes on my mailbox store that are reporting huges sizes - 5gb, 3gb, 2gb - but their actual sizes are much less.

is this an indication that I need to somehow compress my database for this store, perhaps with eseutil? Any thoughts or experiences with this will be greatly appreciated.

Mailbox includes deleted items. Outlook reports net. Check deleted item retension settings on the server.

No, that aint it, and the reason I say that is this:

I got one guy whose mailbox is reported in ESM as being 5.2Gb. in Outlook, it is reported as 1.3Gb. His Deleted Items folder is only 95Mb.

And how many days do you have set for deleted item retention at the server level?

deleted items visible in Outlook is not what I'm talking about - they are included in both. I'm meaning Deleted Items, Tools, Recover Deleted Items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back