Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReportDocument.Close is very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalchri

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
US
I have recently run into the problem with the error message, "The maximum report processing jobs limit configured by your system administrator has been reached."

I have tried to implement the Close and Dispose methods of the ReportDocument but I have a big problem. The Close method takes a long time, 30-60 seconds to execute.

I did the following to isolate the problem:

1) Created a new, blank windows application
2) Created added a new, blank crystal report to the solution
3) Put the following code in a button click event:

Code:
CrystalReport1 rpt = new CrystalReport1();

//This is necessary to load the crystal report
rpt.SetParameterValue("Test", "Test");

//This is the recommended cleanup
//If you omit these steps, you will get an exception
//after you click this button more than 75 times
rpt.Close(); //This method takes 30-60 seconds to execute
rpt.Dispose();

Does anyone know of a different way to clean up?

Is this happening to anyone else?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Bump.

Could someone verify this problem? It would at least be helpful to know that I am not the only one.

Thanks!

The problem turned out to be a conflict with one of our 3rd party software products, HelpSTAR which uses version 8.5 the engine. Uninstalling HelpSTAR resolved the problem. Even so, Business Objects has been extremely helpful and is continuing to try to make HelpSTAR and Crystal Reports XI Release 2 live together in harmony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back