Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report writer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swabunn

Technical User
Jan 25, 2006
CA
Great plains 7.5
SQL server 2005

Is there any way to place conditional logo in customer statement being modified in report writer. for example if user put condition then it would print one else other one

Thanks

Swabunn

Yes and No

You can overlay a logo with a conditional field which either has a space or nothing entered into it. Then set the background colour to white and set the field to hide when empty.

Then the conditional field can be turned on and off to expose the logo based on some condition.

The downside is that this method will only work if the 2 or more logos used are not in the same positions on the layout.

Another idea is to use a tool link which can add logos based on the printer driver used. You can then use Named Printers to automatically select the printer driver based on company.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I can't see logo as field to put the condition. I set up calculated conditonal field called 'logo' and overlaid logo on the field and want to palce condition if address id = 'RG1' Then '1st Logo' else 'empty'
and then second calculated conditional field '2ND LOGO' if address id <> 'RG1' Then '2nd Logo' else 'empty'

Please help?

The actual logo must be sent to back, so that the conditional field is above it.

Make sure the field's background is set to white.

It should cover the actual logo so that it will either show white or disappear (due to the hide when empty).

The calculated field should be something like

if AddressID = "RG1"

Then " " (note space inside quotes)

Else "" (note empty quotes)

David Musgrave [MSFT]

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

I have done all three steps on conditional calculated field and placed these field covering logos at diffrent locations, set background to white and hide when empty on both conditional calculated field. Still when I am running the statement it is displaying both logo(s).

I don't know what I am missing.Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Swabunn

Please email me at david dot musgrave at microsoft dot com and I will send you an example.

This example will be soon available from my blog

David Musgrave [MSFT]

I think I found the issue.

Change your fields to make the foreground color white as well.

Then make the conditional formula show "" or ".". You must use a character as a space is still classified as empty.

The example code is now posted on my blog.

David Musgrave [MSFT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back