Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report writer question / trunk utilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescct23

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2004
US
Does any one know of a good way to determine Trunk utilization over a period of time? I need to determine if a tie line we have between the ACD and a PBX will be able to sustain a projected rise in traffic. We are still using RW/RR on an 8.4 switch. looking through the " canned" reports i do not have any that would accomplish this. I could manually run several reports and combine them, however it would be handy to just run one. I'll be switching over to Crystal 10 soon, but not before i need this data.

We never found a solid way to do this using RR/RW. Instead, we've gone to importing the data to an offline database and analyzing it from there.

we use event_detail to look for "all trunks busy" events. In the table "daily tunk" you'll find daily summaries concerning the usage of trunks.
I've built a canvas for custom-view which shows usage of a trunk-group as a graph in 1/2-hour intervalls. nice curves...

Chris13,

Can you share how to build a canvas for custom-view to show usage of a trunk-group as a graph in 1/2-hour intervalls.

Thanks

Samuel

If you know how to build formulas in Seagate then you can use a variation on erlang to come up with a utilization %
A = Total Trunks in group
X = Total call time for Trunk group (in seconds)

Hourly formula = [X / (A * 3600)] * 100
Half Hour = [X / (A * 1800)] * 100

3600 = seconds in an hour
1800 = seconds in a half hour

Hope you can run with those formulas and build something. I am horrible at building reports so if you get it working I'd love to get a copy of the report :)

AIM: TelecomManColey

databit" just pointed it out. this formula is the base for the calculation, doesn't matter if used for custom-view or statistics from the database.

screwing out of a overworked, dead brain:

In CV build a table with
tab_tg = TrunkGroup_Halfhour.TG-Number
tab_hh = TrunkGroup_HalfHour.halfhour_relative/_absolute (as you like)

tab_dur_inc = TrunkGroup_HalfHour.dur_inc
tab_dur_out = TrunkGroup_HalfHour.dur_out
tab_num_trk = - TrunkGroup.NumTrunks

and some calculated coloumns:
usage_inc=
tab_dur_inc / (tab_num_trk * 1800) * 100

usage_out=
tab_dur_out / (tab_num_trk * 1800) * 100

usage_all=
(tab_dur_inc+tab_dur_out )/(tab_num_trk * 1800) * 100

Then make a line-graph, x-axis is the intervall, use the usage_inc/_out/_all for the graphs (y scale 100) and then you'll get a better feeling how your trunks are beeing used...

Adding TrunkGroup_HalfHour.Calls_Inc / _Out to the table and using that fields in another graph (because of the different scaling) you'll see how many calls will saturate your capacities.

Not yet done: With an additional graph showing agentgroup-/ application-statistics per half-hour (answered/abandoned calls, number of agents) you'll get a pretty good picture about what happened last night or what you may expect during the next intervall.

It's long time ago that I've been builing the canvas, perhaps I missed some details. Please ask and I'll have look at it next monday.

bye,
chris

Thanks You very much!

I have created a report to count number of trunk used per minute by the orig_time and term_time for each trunk record in calldetail.

if you use wrap-up, you should substract wrapup_time. term_time includes the wrapup_time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back