Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report working on windows but not on unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeeb

Programmer
Oct 12, 2001
US
I have a report which receives two parameters from the parameter form. Which is then in turn displayed on the report header. I have developed this report on the windows platform. I ftp'd the rdf to the unix machine and tried to run it on the unix version of oracle reports. It is not ppopulating the variables passed in the parameter form on to the report. I dont have a clue please help me!

I amo no expert in report designer but i have worked with reports before and it is not easy to make a report run from one version to another especially if the version is lower.

What we usually do is to re-compile the report into the new version before we run. Worst case is to re-write the report in the lower version.

you have not provided the version of developer and oracle you are using and further more if you have what kind of operating system at the unix end but
anyay you will have to compile the report and then only you can run it on the unix you cannot simply ftp and then run it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back