Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report will not print more than 255 characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewp01

MIS
Dec 17, 2001
US
Access 2K, Win XP Pro

I have a report that is run using a query as the record source. I can check the query and the field is 925 characters. When I print the report only 255 characters print.

Anyone have an idea about what is going on?

Change the field bound to your query to a memo (text fields are limited to 255 characters)

Additional information that I should have included on the orig post.

The query is a summary query. If I use "Group By" the result of the query is 255 characters. If I use "First" the result is the 925 characters, as I would expect. The problem is that when I print a report using the query the result is only 255 characters on the report even though the query looks like it is returning 925.

If I don't use a summary query, the report will show the 925 characters.

Also, the bound field is set to Memo.
Thanks
Paul

What is it that you're trying to summarize? If it's certain values, you might think about calculated controls

Rick,

These records are bug reports that have a number of records created as people work on them. The "Examples" field (all Text)is the same on all tickets, as well as some other data. I didn't design the query and am only trying to help another person. I'm to the point that we should re-write the query and split it into a couple of queries that will pull the Examples field after the grouping is completed in another query. It's just perplexing why the query shows good data but the report won't print it. Another option might be to creat a sub-report for all of the "same data" for each record.

Thanks very much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back