Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report when opened, not accessing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

leedy33

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Im using Crystal 8.5 and when i open up my report through my LIMS program's "Report Browser", and i select the criteria for my data that i want to show, nothing is showing. Now when i do the same parameters in just crystal through ODBC, not through the LIMS program, Im able to access information. I have checked and my locations are all cleared, and my data is not saved with my report, so it should work. If there is any suggestions as to why my report is not picking up the data, it would be of great help. Any more information need i would be happy to try to clarify. Thanks

Posting what's in the Report->Edit Selection Formula-Record and Group, and what is passed in the Database->Show SQL Query will identify what's happening.

-k

In looking at the SQL Query, it looks as if my date that i put in my parameter, that is in my "Selection Formula Record" is not showing up in the "Where" catergory of the query. I believe that is should show
--> 'received_date'= "Date"
So for some reason my parameter selection is not showing up in the query, what should i do to fix this problem. If this is even the problem.

As my last post requested, please to post what's in the Report->Edit Selection Formula->Record and what's in the Database->Show SQL Query (the Where clause alone will suffice) or we can't help you.

Perhaps you'd be better served to read my FAQ on creating record selection formulas since you don't want to paste in the record selection formula:

faq767-3825

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back